|enjoy with your favourite tea or coffee...yum|
what you need:
- 1 3/4 cup flour (all purpose)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup dried raisins
- 1/2 cup very roughly chopped almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Separate one of the eggs into yolk and white. Reserve a small amount of the white for brushing later.
- Beat eggs, vanilla, and oil together, then add dry ingredients and mix until a moist dough forms.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or grease it well with butter. Place dough onto cookie sheet and form into a log. Press log to about 1" height. Gently brush the surface with the reserved egg white.
- Bake in the centre rack for 30 minutes. Remove and allow it to cool for about 10 minutes, then using a bread knife (serrated), slice log into 1/2" biscotti cookies. Bake for another 20 minutes (checking at 15 minutes) or until golden brown.
|mom doing step 5|
|after first 30 minutes|
|after 2nd round of baking|