|i must say, these are so cute!|
what you need:
*makes about 15
- 2 packages of 250 g light cream cheese (room temp)
- 2 cups graham crackers, crushed finely
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- zest of 2 lemons
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 pinch salt
- berries or chocolate shavings, for garnish
what to do:
*Preheat oven to 375 F
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and white sugar until fluffy and smooth. Add the eggs, lemon zest, extracts, salt and beat until mixed well and smooth.
- Melt the butter until softened but not completely liquid. Add the brown sugar until dissolved, then add the graham cracker crumbs (these can be store bought...but actually crushing up graham crackers make a better textured crust).
- Butter a muffin tin (or line with muffin cups) - and spoon about 1-2 tbsp of the graham cracker mixture to fill the bottom 1/3 of the muffin cup. Pack it down gently with the back of a spoon.
- Fill the rest of the muffin cup with the cream cheese batter.
- Bake for about 12 minutes, or until lightly golden on the outside and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes, then gently pop them out by running a butter knife along the sides. (if you used muffin cups they will just come easily out).
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours - they can be made a day or two ahead of time.
- Garnish with berries or chocolate curls right before serving. Enjoy!
|fruit skewers - another really easy but pretty dish!|