|these are perfect for a brunch party|
what you need:
- 1 package puff pastry
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 small broccoli crown
- 1/2 red pepper
- 6 pieces prosciutto
- 1 green onion
- 1/2 cup shredded old cheddar
- salt & pepper
what to do:
*Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Dice broccoli into small bits and blanch quickly in boiling water for about 1 minute.
- Dice red pepper, green onion, and shred cheese.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and then add a pinch of salt and pepper. Add the cooked broccoli, diced pepper and green onion, mix well.
- On a floured surface, roll out puff pastry and cut into 12 even squares (or rectangles, doesn't have to be perfect). Use the squares of puff pastry as lining for the muffin tin and push pastry down so that it fits into the muffin tin. Extra pastry over flowing the muffin tin is okay, it looks rustic and will puff up.
- Fill the pastry filled muffin tins with the egg mixture - do not overfill or the eggs will ooze out in the oven. Top with some shredded cheese and 1/2 a slice of prosciutto - stand the prosciutto atop in a random, ribbon like pattern.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until pastry turns golden brown and the egg is cooked (clean toothpick). Garnish with thinly sliced green onions. Serve warm or at room temperature. Enjoy!
|ready to bake!|