|thin crust vegetarian delight|
what you need:
- pizza dough
- 3 large yellow or vidalia onions
- 1 portobello mushroom
- about 1/2 cup goats cheese
- about 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 big handful spring mix salad
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper
- red chili flakes
- To caramelize onions: this is a long process so start here first! Chop onions into thin slices and get about 1 tbsp oil heating in a non-stick pan on medium heat. Saute onions until they are caramelized (browned, sticky and slightly sweet) - it will take about 15 minutes and you will need to toss / stir them occassionally. Do not turn the heat up or you will burn them. Add salt, pepper and red chili flakes to taste, then remove from heat.
- Slice mushroom and roll out pizza dough.
- Brush pizza dough lightly with olive oil. Load up the pizza dough first with a generous layer of caramelized onions, then top evenly with mozzarella, crumble goats cheese all over, and mushroom slices. Bake on a pizza stone or pan for 10-12 minutes - until edges of pizza crust are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and top immediately with spring mix, they will wilt slightly from the heat of the pizza. Slice it up and enjoy!