what you need:
*best if everything is at room temperature
**makes 24 medium sized muffins
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats (I used 1 min quick cooking rolled oats)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 large bananas, mashed well
- 1-2 pears (to get 1/2 cup grated pear)
- 1/4 cup sugar, + 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
what to do:
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Combine flours, rolled oats, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and 1/4 cup sugar together in a bowl. Stir to combine.
- In a mixer (or with electric hand beaters), beat eggs and 2 tbsp sugar until light and airy, about 2 minutes. Add milk, oil, grated pear, and mashed bananas. Add dry ingredients and mix just until incorporated (do not overmix or muffins will be dense).
- Line 2 muffin tins with medium cups. Fill with batter and then bake for 10 min, or until very lightly golden on top and toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove and cool when ready to handle on cooling rack. Once at room temperature, store in air tight container. Enjoy!