|sweetened with coconut sugar and maple syrup|
what you need:
*makes a baker's dozen
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 2 heaping table spoons ground golden flax seed
- 1 egg
- 1 cup frozen wild blueberries
- 3 large bananas, very ripe
- 1/4 vegetable oil (I used grape seed oil)
- 1/2 cup organic coconut sugar
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
what to do:
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Line a muffin tin with large muffin cups.
- In a medium bowl, mix flours, oats, baking soda, baking powder, coconut sugar, salt and flax seed. You can just use a large fork.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas well, then mix in oil, egg, vanilla, and maple syrup. Again, a large fork will do. (If you use electric beaters be careful not to over mix).
- Add flour mixture to banana mixture. Combine with a spatula just until batter is evenly mixed.
- Add blueberries and fold them in gently with the spatula.
- Fill the muffin cups evenly, almost to the top. Bake for 20 minutes, the tops will be golden brown and a toothpick will come out clean. When cool enough to handle, move muffins to cooling rack. Enjoy!