|cute little bites|
what you need:
- 1 package puff pastry
- 6 or so italian sausages (or whatever kind you fancy)
- 1 handful of flat leaf parsley, chopped finely
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 green onions, chopped finely
- a little bit of freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 egg
- In a large bowl, mash together sausages (casings removed), mustard, breadcrumbs, salt & pepper, milk, greens and nutmeg. Allow mixture to sit in the fridge for about 4 hours (or overnight).
- Roll out puff pastry and cut into 2 1/2" width strips. (About 3 strips each sheet)
- Beat egg in small bowl.
- Brush egg onto one side of the strip. Spoon out the sausage mixture and place it along the other side of the strip, taking up no more than 1/3 width.
- Roll it up and make sure the seam is on the bottom. Refrigerate or freeze for about 1 hour, then slice into small bites and brush with egg on top prior to baking.
- Bake at 425 F for 20 minutes, until tops are golden brown. Enjoy!