|weekend breakfast treat|
what you need:
- 4 thick cut slices of bakery multigrain bread (or cinnamon raisin for a sweeter treat)
- 2 large eggs
- splash of milk
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled and cut into bite-size cubes
- ~1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- butter (for cooking)
- icing sugar (optional)
- In a small saucepan on medium heat, melt butter and brown sugar together, then add apples, cinnamon and salt. Cook for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, reducing apples to soften slightly and create a sauce.
- In a shallow bowl, beat eggs with milk.
- In a non-stick pan on medium, add a small amount of butter. Dip sliced bread into egg mixture, allowing absorption of the eggs. Place into pan and cook both sides until browned.
- Serve with apple mixture on top of french toast and dust with icing sugar. Enjoy!