|cookies with a salty twist|
what you need:
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 ounces semi sweet chocolate
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp golden corn syrup
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup or so crushed pretzels
what to do:
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Combine dry ingredients (except sugars) in a bowl, stirring with a wooden spoon to mix well.
- In a large bowl, mix sugars and butter with a wooden spoon until smooth. Add the eggs, vanilla, corn syrup and mix well.
- Roughly chop chocolate into large chunks.
- Add dry ingredients to butter & sugar mixture, mix until batter is smooth. Add pretzel and chocolate chunks.
- Drop round dollops of batter onto cookie sheet and bake for about 10 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove from pan and allow to cool on wire rack. Enjoy!