what you need:
- 250 g greek yogurt (I use 0% PC brand)
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 1 small garlic clove, grated finely
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, chopped finely
- 1/3 cucumber
- salt and pepper
what to do:
- Grate cucumber, sprinkle with 1 tsp of salt and allow to sit in a sieve for 15 minutes to remove excess liquid.
- Mix other ingredients together, add pepper as desired (you probably don't need salt since the cucumber is salted).
- Squeeze shredded cucumber to get rid of most of the liquid, then add to the tzatziki. You can serve immediately, but allowing the tzatziki to sit in the fridge for a few hours will make it more flavourful. Enjoy!