|this isn't like the stuff you get at sushi |
that's super salty with 3 tiny cubes of tofu
|a light meal that warms & fills you up like comfort food|
You can leave the haddock out and replace it with soft tofu for a vegetarian option.
what you need:
*serves about 4
- 150 g package of enoki mushrooms
- 4 portions of haddock (about 16 ounces of fish)
- 1 cup dry red lentils
- the tops of one whole celery stalk
- 1/4 cup organic miso paste
- freshly ground black pepper
for the broth
- 6 cups water
- 1 large carrot
- 1 large onion
- 2 sticks of celery
- Peel carrot and onion. Cut carrot, onion, and celery into large chunks. Place into a pot. Add water. Bring to a boil, then turn it down to medium low to simmer for 40 minutes. Discard the vegetables and keep the pot on the stove on medium heat.
- Add lentils to the broth. Cook for about 15 minutes.
- Cut off the rough bottoms of the enokis and separate them into smaller bundles, then add to the broth. Stir in the miso paste.
- Cut the fish into large chunks. Roughly chop celery stalk tops. Safe a few leaves for garnish. Add fish and celery to soup and cook on medium heat for about 10 minutes, until the fish is cooked through. Ladle into soup bowls and garnish with freshly ground black pepper and celery leaves. Enjoy!