|not just a flatbread...|
What you need:
- 1 cup APF
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (you can use only APF)
- 2 cups boiled water (still hot but not scalding!)
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp or so of salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil or canola oil
- In a bowl, combine oil, green onions and salt. Set aside.
- Put flour in a large bowl - while you pour hot water slowly into the flour, stir with chopsticks or the end of a wooden spoon - (don't add the water too fast because you might not need it all) - once the dough starts to come together, stop adding water. If it seems like the dough is too wet, add a little more flour.
- Turn dough onto a floured board or counter top - knead until smooth.
- Divide dough in half and roll out into a long tube shape, cut into segments, then smush it flat with your palm. Use a rolling pin to flatten the discs and spread some onion mixture evenly on dough.
5. Roll dough with onion mixture into a tube and then curl it into itself. Smush again gently with your palm and roll out gently to make a disc about 1/4" thick. Don't worry if a little bit of onion or oil spills out.
6. In a frying pan on medium heat, add a tsp of canola oil. Pan fry both sides, about 2 min each. It should be golden brown and puff up slightly.
7. Remove from heat and cut into slices. Serve with a dipping sauce of light soy and sriracha hot sauce.
|this one tore a little bit when rolled, |
but doesn't matter it still tasted great!