- muffins (white flour), mini croissants, scones/biscuits, sliced canteloupe, pineapple, honey dew, watermelon, coffee, tea, orange and grapefruit juice from concentrate
- Day 1 - sandwiches (only 1 whole wheat option) of cold cuts, egg or tuna salad, vegetarian, watered down and sugary squash soup, coleslaw, potato salad full of mayonnaise.
- Day 2 - american chinese - chicken pieces sopped in some sort of salty brown sauce, spring rolls with very little but very salty filling, and dry, salty fried rice
- Day 3 - american italian - cream of broccoli soup (where was the broccoli I wondered...), caesar salad, lasagna (many layers of pasta and sauce...one layer of ricotta), cream sauced pasta with bacon and mushrooms (again, very salty), vegetarian pasta (pasta in tomato sauce with a few peppers), tiramisu (which tasted like marshmallows and lady fingers)
- yogurt (actually very exciting)
- nature valley crunchy granola bars
- fruit (one day only...this was also exciting)
I was lucky to have dinner on Friday evening at my friend Abby's house - there were 5 of us and we had a delicious homemade dinner with whole wheat pita bread with hummus and olives, grapes & brie, homemade whole wheat pasta, homemade sauce, watercress and sunflower seed salad, and then gelato for dessert. Saturday evening I had sushi with friends, which was delicious and refreshing.
It really amazed me that a few days of eating refined foods really negatively affected my energy, digestive system, and overall general sense of well-being. Now I'm even more inspired to create healthy recipes and keep this blog up:)