|a surprisingly satisfying meal|
what you need:
- multigrain bread (usually we buy Rudoloph's Bavaria multigrain, available in most grocery stores)
- 2 handfuls wasabi arugula (or any other greens, such as spinach, spring mix, etc)
- 1 square of firm tofu
- 1 tomato
- 4 slices of bacon, preferable hickory or applewood smoked
- canola oil
- salt and pepper
- red chili flakes *optional
- Cook bacon until crispy in a non-stick pan. While the bacon is cooking, cut tofu and tomato into about 1 cm thick slices. Wash and pat dry wasabi arugula.
- Remove bacon once cooked and allow to drain on a paper towel. Pour most of the bacon fat into a bowl to dispose of later, but keep about 1 tbsp in the pan.
- Add about 1 tsp or so of canola oil to pan. Fry the tofu in the pan on medium, seasoning lightly with salt, pepper and red chili. Brown both sides of tofu then remove.
- Toast the bread - spread lightly with mayonnaise and pile one slice high with tofu, bacon, tomato, and wasabi-arugula. Top with remaining slice and cut in half. Enjoy!