|a fun display of fruit|
what you need:
- an assortment of fruits
- bamboo skewers
- 1 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 1 pinch of salt
- Prep fruit by cutting into various cubes/shapes/sizes. For fruits that brown (e.g. apples, pears) - be sure to squeeze fresh lemon juice over them to prevent browning.
- In a double boiler, melt chocolate together with butter. Remove from heat once melted and add pinch of salt. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil - hold strawberry by the tops and dip into chocolate, then place onto sheet. Once your sheet is full, refrigerate for at least 2 hours to ensure chocolate is set and easy to handle to skewer. (You can dip other fruits in the chocolate as well - we did some apple slices but it was tricky because the chocolate would sometimes slip off the fleshy parts of the apple).
- Create random skewers of fruit and leave at least 2 1/2 inches at bottom of the skewer so that you can stick them into the styrofoam ball. Continue sticking fruit skewers into the ball - try to stick them into the ball somewhat evenly around so that you don't have one side heavier than the other.
|Bevan dipping strawberries...|
|Bevan licks the chocolate bowl clean!|