soft, chewy, and loaded with goodies
I probably didn't need to make cookies so soon after Christmas (let's be honest, there was lots of baking and consuming of sweets over the holidays!) - but I couldn't resist baking up these cookies when I got back to my own kitchen and oven:)
what you need:
*makes about 30 cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temp
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 egg
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
what to do:
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar and white sugar.
- Combine flours, baking soda, salt and rolled oats in a separate bowl.
- Add egg, vanilla, and milk to butter mixture, then stir in dry ingredients just until incorporated. Add chocolate chips and cranberries and mix.
- Using your hands, form cookie dough balls (about half the size of a golf ball) - and place on lined cookie sheets. Bake for 10 minutes, the edges will be golden brown but the centres still light coloured (this ensures it stays soft and chewy). Remove as soon as they are cool to handle and allow to cool completely on a rack before storing in an airtight container. Enjoy!