what you need:
- about 2 cups cooked rice (don't pack the rice down to measure it! keep it fluffy)
- 1 small head of broccoli
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 large carrot
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas
- 2 eggs
- 1 jalapeño
- 2 tbsp naturally brewed soy sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp canola oil + 1 tsp canola oil
what to do:
- Prepare vegetables by washing, peeling, then dicing into small pieces. Break eggs into a bowl and whisk with a fork to break the yolks.
- In a large non-stick pan, heat up 1 tbsp canola oil on medium.
- Saute onions, carrots, broccoli and jalapeño until onions are translucent and carrots and broccoli are slightly tender. Season veggies with a small pinch of salt.
- Add cooked rice and stir to mix, then move everything to one side of the pan and add 1 tsp canola oil to the pan where you've made space.
- Pour the egg over the oil and gently stir it with a wooden spoon, until the egg is cooked and is broken up into pieces. Stir rice mixture with egg to incorporate.
- Add soy sauce, stir, then add freshly ground pepper. Turn off heat and taste. You may want to season with a bit more salt. Serve hot (it's good with some sriracha drizzled on top) & enjoy!