|a light meal on its own, or a fresh side dish|
what you need:
- 1 ripe mango
- 1 cubanelle pepper
- 2 green onions
- 1 small handful of cilantro
- ~ 12 large shrimp, shelled and cleaned
- 1 clove of garlic
- ~2 tsp canola oil
- salt and pepper
for the dressing:
- 1 lime - zest and juice
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 red thai chilli, finely chopped (seeds removed for less heat)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 small clove of garlic, minced
- small pinch of salt
- freshly ground pepper
what to do:
- Combine dressing ingredients and taste - adjust if needed (e.g. if the lime wasn't very juicy, you may need more lemon juice to add acidity).
- Dice mango and pepper into approximately equal sized pieces. Thinly slice green onion, and roughly chop cilantro. Toss all ingredients together with dressing (except for shrimp), and allow it to sit in the fridge for 15-30 minutes before serving for flavours to combine.
- When you are about ready to serve, pat dry shrimp. Season with salt and pepper. In a non-stick pan, heat canola oil on medium. Add garlic, once you can smell the garlic aroma, add the shrimp, cook just until pink, about 45 seconds each side. Toss shrimp with salad and serve immediately. Enjoy!