|crispy edges and soft chewy middles...yum|
what you need:
*makes ~ 2 dozen cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 2 eggs (room temp)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups quick rolled oats
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl, use a wooden spoon to mix sugars, eggs, and butter until creamy and smooth. Add vanilla and mix well.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and sift in cocoa. Add this to the butter mixture and mix until smooth, but don't over mix.
- Add oats, stir to incorporate.
- Add chocolate chips and stir to mix. Spoon onto non-stick cookie sheets (~6-8 per sheet) and bake for 8-10 minutes. (Depends on your oven...check at 8 minutes, you want to underbake them slightly so that the middle stays slightly soft).
- Allow cookies to cool on cooling rack, then store in airtight container. Enjoy!